What is Dermasweep and am I a good candidate?
Dermasweep™ MD Multi-Level Skin Resurfacing System exfoliates dead skin and damaged cells with a unique bristle technology, and gently “sweeps” away signs of aging. A controlled vacuum stimulates blood flow and accelerates collagen production. The second portion of the treatment uses highly concentrated, paraben-free epidermal infusions that provide the skin with essential vitamins and ingredients that improve the overall health of the skin. Dermasweep™ is a great option for all skin types and skin colors. The Dermasweep™ treats various skin conditions and overall skin care goals due to the wide variety of infusions and setting control. The bristle tips range from delicate to abrasive with adjustable vacuum pressure to truly customize the treatment for every individual. A consultation at the time of a patient’s first treatment allows our aesthetician to assess the patient’s skin, understand their treatment goals and make sure the patient has no contraindications to the treatment.
What are the benefits of Dermasweep™ and how does it work?
Dermasweep™ is the new-age exfoliation treatment and the advanced technique allows for a more precise, controllable procedure. The treatment additionally stimulates collagen and revitalizes skin tone. This duo process provides the skin with powerful facial rejuvenation for a youthful, healthy glow. One huge benefit is that this non-invasive treatment has no downtime! When the treatment is performed on a regular basis (2-4 weeks is recommended) it helps to slow down the overall aging process.
Some of the infusions include:
- Acne (salicylic acid to reduce clogged pores)
- Vitamin C (antioxidant boost for photo-aging)
- Hyperpigmentation (lightening treatment for sun spots and melasma with lactic acid, kojic acid and licorice)
- Hydration (Hyaluronic Acid to quench dry skin)
- Calming (Aloe Vera, Ginseng and Chamomile to calm redness and inflammation)
- Balancing (Vitamin B to repair and balance skin blotchiness)
- Exfo (a combination of salicylic and glycolic acid for exfoliation)
Dermasweep™ Add Ons and Premium Fusions:
- Trichloracetic Acid (TCA) Peelfusion™
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and breakouts. This power packed duo exfoliation treatment is an excellent boost to the traditional Dermasweep™. Vitamin A ampule is applied post treatment to accelerate results. ($75 additional)
- NuCell Premium Fusion
- A stem cell and growth factor infusion that rapidly rejuvenates skin and improves fine lines, wrinkles, and photodamage. ($75 additional)
- Dermasweep™ Plus Microneedling
- After your skin is exfoliated with the first part of the Dermasweep™, microneedling, (also known as collagen induction therapy) is performed on the skin. This creates tiny micro channels in the skin to produce a collagen response for reduction in fine lines, superficial scars, and pores. The process is quick and painless. After the microneedling, an infusion like Hyaluronic or Stem Cells are used to further enhance results.
- Illumine Infusion
– This new and targeted infusion attacks stubborn pigment in combination with DermaSweep’s bristle tip skin resurfacing for smoother, more luminous, even-toned skin. Uncover a more beautiful you, ask us how.
How many treatments will I need?
For the traditional Dermasweep™ with an Epi-infusion, we recommend a series of 6 to 8 spaced 10 days to 2 weeks apart. For a Dermasweep™ /TCA treatment we recommend a series of 4 spaced one to two weeks apart, followed by regular maintenance treatments.
What type of results will I see?
Results after one treatment are immediate as skin will look and feel soft and healthy. However, for more dramatic results, a series of treatments is recommended followed by a good maintenance regimen. Texture will continue to improve, skin tone appears brighter and the face looks rejuvenated. Patients also experience a reduction in acne, improvement in brown spots and overall luminosity of their skin. Also, Dermasweep™ is excellent on the neck, décolleté, arms, back, and a luxurious hand treatment!
Is there any downtime associated with this procedure?
Post-treatment skin feels fresh, toned and radiant. Patient’s leave with an immediate glow and are able to return immediately to work. If a Peelfusion was used, some patients may feel “tighter” and then will begin to experience some dryness and minor flaking over the next few days.
What other treatments/procedures can Dermasweep™ be combined with?
Depending on the patients concern or overall goals, this treatment is great combined with various anti-aging, anti-acne and hyperpigmentation therapies as well as tightening and injectable procedures. Some of our patients will even schedule a Dermasweep™ procedure directly before Botox or fillers. Patients can also see dramatic improvement alternating Dermasweep™ with chemical peels and laser resurfacing. Combination therapy can help further correct damage and reveal healthier, more youthful skin.
To view full gallery of before and after photos for actual Dermasweep patients, click here