Growth factors have been all the rage in the skincare world recently, and you may have heard a thing or two about their benefits. Today, we’re going to break it all down with Growth Factors 101 with your Chicago dermatologist, Pinski!
What are growth factors?
Growth factors are proteins that regulate cellular growth on your skin to maintain healthy skin structure and function.
What do they do?
- Stimulate biochemical pathways to promote skin tissue repair and regeneration
- Produce collagen and elastic fibers to give skin a soft and supple feel
- When applied to the skin, growth factors work to “fertilize” your skin
- Reverse signs and symptoms of both internal (causal) and external (visible effects) of aging
Effects and Results
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles by promoting new collagen synthesis
- Improve appearance of age spots and discoloration
- Reduce skin roughness
- Improve both tightness (reparative) and elasticity (preventative) of the skin
Bonus: Pinski Dermatology in Chicago will be offering an in-office promo of our SkinMedics Growth Factors products, so make sure to schedule a consultation with your Chicago dermatologist today to find out if Growth Factors is right for you!