It is our philosophy to help you look your personal best with a minimum of downtime. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of patient care. This includes providing every patient with:
- A caring atmosphere: We take time to listen and answer your questions fully.
- Educational support: We feel that a well-informed patient is one of our best assets in providing successful treatment and prevention. We provide you with a thorough explanation of your diagnosis and treatment options.
Medical Emergency Policy
If you are experiencing a medical emergency please call 911. If it is not a medical emergency please call our office or leave us a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Please provide us with at least 48 hours advance notice for any appointment changes. This will enable us to better accommodate another patient. If you do not call to cancel your appointment more than 2 business days before an office visit you will be charged a $50 fee; this will not be covered by your insurance policy.
Prescription refills are handled during office hours when we have full access to your medical records. Refills are not routinely filled on holidays, weekends, or if you have not been seen for more than six months.
Fees, Payments, & Insurance
We participate in many insurance plans. Please be prepared to provide current insurance card and identification upon each visit along with any applicable insurance co-pay.
For our patients who do not carry medical insurance, we do ask for full payment at the time services are rendered by cash, check or credit card.
Product Return Policy
MD products cannot be returned for any reason.
All makeup is final sale unless there is a reported allergy or reaction.
All non-prescription products may be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. Patients may return products due to allergy, dissatisfaction or if the item is defective/damaged. Product returns/exchanges will not be accepted for products that are damaged by the patient (i.e. torn packaging, written on, etc.). We cannot accept returns/exchanges for any pills or supplements.
We offer a refund or a replacement of the original product. Please notify the office if you need assistance with a product return.
We now offer convenient online bill pay for patients to make their payments. It’s simple to enroll, just visit: https://www.emergetechnology.net/#/dermbillpay/
Notice of Privacy Practices
The following information describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
- Purpose of this Notice:
- This notice describes how we may use and disclose your health information to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. This notice also outlines our legal duties for protecting the privacy of your health information and explains your rights to have your health information protected. We will create a record of the services we provide to you, and this record will include your health information. We maintain this information to ensure that your receive quality care and to meet certain legal requirements related to providing you care. We understand that your health information is personal, and we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your health information is used appropriately.
2. Our Responsibilities:
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and provide you notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information. We have also appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for ensuring that we protect your health information and that we abide by the terms of this Notice.
3. How We May Use or Disclose Your Health Information:
The following categories describe examples of the way we use and disclose health information.
- For Treatment: We may use your health information to provide you with medical treatment or services. An example of this would include a physical examination. We may also disclose your health information to your physician or another healthcare provider to be sure those parties have all the information necessary to diagnose and treat you.
- For Payment: We may use and disclose your health information to others so they will pay us or reimburse you for treatment. For example, a bill may be sent to you, your insurance company or a third-party payer. The bill may contain information that identifies you, your diagnosism and treatment or supplies for the course of treatment. We may share your health information with pharmeceutical company patient assistance programs and patient support organizations in order to assist your in obtaining payment for your care or payment for certain parts of your care.
- For Health Care Operations: We may use and disclose your health information in order to support our business activities. For example, we may use your health information for quality assessment activities, training of medical students, necessary credentialing, and for other essential activities. We may ask you to sign your name to a sign-in sheet at the registration desk and we may call your name in the waiting room when we call you for your appointment. We may disclose your health information to a third party that performs services such as billing and collection, on our behalf. In these cases, we will enter into a written agreement with the third party to ensure they protect the privacy of your health information.
- Appointment reminders: We may use and disclose your health information in order to contact you and remind you of an upcoming appointment for treatment or health care services.
- Treatment Alternatives and Health-Related Benefits and Services: We may use your health information to inform you of services or programs that we believe would be beneficial to you. We may call, mail or e-mail you information about these services or goods. For example, we may contact you to make you aware of new productsm supple product information, or a new patient assistance program that may be available to you.
- Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment of Your Care: We may release your health information, including information about your condition to family member or friend who is involved in your medical care or who helps pay for your care. If you would like us to refrain from releasing your health information to a family member or friend, please notify our Privacy Officer. We may also disclose your health information to disaster-relief organizations so that your family can be notified about your condition, status and location.
- We are also allowed by law to use and disclose your health care information without your authorization for the following purposes: As required by law- We may use and disclose your health information when required to do so by federal, state or local law.