Perméa effectively treats the tissue where melanin resides and is also safe on all skin types. The hand piece utilizes a 1927 nm wavelength which specifically helps to brighten skin tone. The hand piece also creates wider and shallower lesions causing greater superficial disruption, which increases skin permeability.
The Perméa allows us to combine laser resurfacing with a topical SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic antioxidant treatment that penetrates 17x deeper, which takes advantage of the increased skin permeability to achieve maximum patient benefits for skin pigmentation.
The Perméa laser addresses:
• Skin Pigmentation/Brightening
• Improves Photo damage, Age Spots, and Melasma
• Elasticity/Superficial wrinkles
Patients can greatly benefit doing a series or 5-6 treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart. We do offer a discounted laser package for 4 treatments. Some patients will alternate chemical peels with the Perméa to effectively treat pigmentation in the skin.
Patients will experience a glow to their skin. The skin will appear brighter and more luminous. Patients often see reduced pigmentation after one treatment, although multiple sessions will increase results. Pigmentation, especially melasma, can be very stubborn and may need more ongoing maintenance treatments.
This laser has minimal downtime (typically 1-2 days of redness and patients will avoid exercise during this time). After the redness fades, the skin will feel sandpapery, and the texture will feel rough. No one will notice this on your skin, but when you touch or cleanse your skin you will feel this change. This does not flake off or peel, it will begin to feel very soft working its way from the inside of the cheeks out toward your hairline with no physical sloughing of the skin. Patients can work and do normal activities during this stage. By day 7, the skin looks healthy, luminous, with a noticeable reduction in pigmentation.
Depending on the patients concern or overall goals, this treatment is great combined with TCA chemical peels for pigmentation or the SkinCeuticals MicroPeel Pigment Balancing Peel. Topical lightening therapy is also very important to use in the process of treating the pigmentation. Some deeper skin spots may respond better to YAG laser therapy. The Doctor or esthetician will decide which combination treatments will work best for you.
• No working out for 48 hours post treatment
• No makeup for 48 hours post treatment
• Gentle Cleanser to be used 1 week post treatment
• Gentle Cream to be used 1 week post treatment
• Sunblock can be resumed the day after treatment
• Try not to touch the skin too much during the 48 hour healing phase to reduce the risk of any infection
• Avoid retinols, glycolics, salicylic, benzoyl peroxide, other exfoliating prescription topicals, scrubs, or Clarisonic brushes for 1 week. After a week all exfoliants may be resumed unless any dryness post treatment persists.
Chicago Office, (312) 263-4625